In 2018, it’s a common thing to set up different online projects using the pre-packed templates. Since these customer-friendly products appeared, anyone can launch a top-level website for their needs.
Nowadays, you don’t have to be a coding pro to get a stunning site. Basically, the newest resources allow creating websites for every business niche. It could be eCommerce, art, gallery, blog, company website, personal page or even a full marketplace!
But how to work with all these top-notch templates? Are they really so easy to manage? Today, I’m going to view out the most popular flagship for WordPress-based projects – Monstroid 2.
August 2018, the theme just received a huge update, so let’s see is it still as cool as they say? How to install the theme and how to make your website?
What is Monstroid 2?
So, as I have already mentioned, Monstroid 2 is a leading product among the best WordPress themes for small business. It was released by TemplateMonster team as the first real WYSIWYG template. Here’s where you can view out the demo of Monstroid 2 theme.
Originally, the theme allows creating new content and editing the old pages without touching a single line of code. Using Monstroid 2, the website owner gets an awesome WYSIWYG experience. There’s drag-and-drop technology with a real live preview. You can see how it works opening the Monstroid’s brand-new site editor – Elementor.
What is Elementor?
Actually, these days, Elementor is extremely popular. Users all over the globe prefer it to launch their websites. Among the advantages of working with Elementor themes, there are such points as:
- multiple free UI elements that are pre-packed,
- trendy designs,
- 100% creator-friendly interface,
- live real-time preview,
- powerful admin panel,
- no coding requirements,
- possibility to create custom blocks,
- and save them to the library.
Thanks to all these features, the builder has its audience. There are more and more users looking for their perfect Elementor-ready templates. That’s why there’s Elementor marketplace appeared. The gallery contains tonnes of products that are related to the WP editor.
How to make a website?
Living in 2018, a user can build a website without wasting big money. For these simple reasons, there were lots of responsive and creator-friendly website themes. Among the premium products, you can see Monstroid 2 and here’s how it works.
To run the website of their dream, a user should:
- download the theme,
- install it,
- choose 1 or several templates from the pack,
- combine the needed details,
- pick a color scheme
- customize all the details, (icons, buttons, sections, etc.)
- find unique pics,
- upload new content,
- check the way it looks,
- and… that’s all!
So, let’s start with the first point: how to install the theme? Here’s my ultimate guide.
How to install Monstroid 2?
As you already know, Monstroid 2 is a WordPress-based theme. That’s why your online project requires the recent WP version. To know if your current version feets Monstroid’s requirement, simply view out the flagship’s info. There’s a requirements list on the preview page.
In case your WordPress version is too old or you don’t have the files at all, just navigate to their official site and Download WordPress. Besides, you can fillis this link to find WordPress versions archive. As soon as you are through this, unpack the files. To do it, use any file archiver, which was made to unpack ZIP format.
Fortunately, the web space is full of various tutorials and, although the unpacking process is pretty simple, you still can find a supporting video on YouTube. Once you are done with the files and their formats, it’s time to upload WP to the hosting server. During this step, a user should upload the platform files into:
- the PUBLIC_HTML
- or WWW directory.
Creating a Database
So, your next step to create a website and install the theme is to create a database for the WP platform. It won’t take you much time. However, keep in mind that the best way to create it is to use the database management tool. It’s located tool in the hosting control panel, called PhpMyAdmin.
Using PhpMyAdmin, a user will create a new database in a matter of minutes. Just follow these 3 steps.
- Firstly, click on the ‘database’ button’, which is located at the top of the navigation menu. It will show you the list of databases if you have any.
- Secondly, you’ll need to paste the name of the new database in the ‘create new database field’.
- Thirdly, just click ‘create’ button and you’ll see the new DB appeared on the list. To access it, click on the name.
When you followed all these steps, don’t forget to enter the WP directory path into your browser address bar. Then click ‘enter’. Now, the installation of WordPress begins.
Enter the WordPress directory path into the browser address bar and click Enter. WordPress installation will begin.
Creating Config File
During the WP installation, you will see that the configuration file is missing. To fix it, click on ‘create configuration file’. Next, you’ll need to enter the main connection details for the WordPress DB.
Here are the website details you will need to enter:
- site name,
- admin login,
- admin pass,
- the email for the website.
Then, select ‘Install WordPress’. In case the details are correct, the successful installation message appears. With it, you will see the WP dashboard access button.
Cherry Theme Wizard Plugin Installation
You don’t need to follow this step if your project already has Cherry Wizard plugin installed. Anyways, this step is really quick and simple. To get your helper, you will need to:
- open your admin panel,
- go to ‘tools’,
- find there Cherry Theme Wizard,
- you’ll see a new window appearing to offer the new theme installation,
- provide your template ID and order ID,
- begin the installation of the plugin.
Also, the installation process takes a couple of minutes. Thus, wait for it to be completely installed to the WP engine. When the plugin is installed, there will be another new window. It offers a user to select one of these options:
- generate the child theme automatically
- or use your parent theme.
Selecting the child theme, remember that you can use it without worrying. It won’t ruin and won’t damage the content. Any changes will be saved in the child theme, so, installing it, you can feel safe. So, in case it’s your option, you will see the info window saying that the child theme is generated and installed successfully.
CW Plugins Installation
This step to create a website is for making preparation and installing your plugins. Needless to say, the step requires special attention. When installing smartly, the plugins will provide your future website with a brilliant look and top-notch functionality.
Talking about Monstroid 2, it already comes with multiple plugins. The flagship has TMWizard plugin as well as many other WordPress shop themes. It means that you don’t have to waste time and download the plugins.
Besides, you don’t need to activate them one by one. You can simply go to the installation.
How to Install?
As soon as the theme installation completed, there will be the window, which offers to select the needed skins. It starts the installation. To continue, follow these steps:
- select the skin or skins you like,
- check the list of the recommended plugins for them,
- and simply proceed further.
Next, you will need to select the needed way your demo content will be installed. There are 2 ways:
- full version, which contains the full sample data that will be used for the template; I recommend you this way in case you selected a premium hosting plan only;
- lite version, which comes with the optimized amount of the sample data, so there’s a smaller number of pics and posts; I do recommend this option for those users, who have ab entry-level hosting plan.
When you’re done with the previous step, the system leads you to the menu. It shows the list of the plugins you are going to install. There will be such categories:
- required plugins that contain all must-have service tools,
- recommended plugins that contain the basic plugins you’ll need to build a website,
- extra plugins that contain the available trendy plugins you can use to add more functionality to the theme.
And when all the needed plugins are selected, you will be navigated to the installation automatically.
Demo Content Installation
Now we are going to work on the content, which comes with Monstroid 2. It contains such must-haves as visuals, (icons, images, buttons) posts, fonts, and other sample data. You’ll see the window offering the next things:
- append demo content to the existing content, which means that your new sample data will be mixed with the old one,
- replace the existing content with demo content, which deletes the old content,
- and you can also skip demo content installation.
Choosing the first or the second point, you’ll move to the next step – importing sample data.
Importing Sample Data
Now, you’ll see the next window. It needs the pass to start importing. Use the one you choose for the admin panel. It’s time to monitor the sample data importing process. There will be these bars showing the progress.
Once the demo content installed, you can check the site before the final customization.
Fortunately, this process doesn’t require special skills and something like that. Here’s how you can install Monstroid 2 and customize the website.
- First off, extract the theme’s pack.
- Secondly, go to ‘appearance’,
- and move to ‘themes section’ that is located at the admin panel.
- Open ‘theme’ folder.
- Find the archive, which has the same name to the .zip file you previously installed.
- Press ‘install now’ button.
- Finally, click the ‘activate’ link.
This step is for those users, who prefer manual installation. In case you would like to use the method, firstly, go to your WP website files on FTP. It should be done through the File Manager, which is located under the hosting control panel. You can also use such FTP clients as:
- Total Commander,
- and Cute FTP.
So what should you do with it?
- Begin with unzipping the .zip file mentioned above. Place it to any folder on the hard drive.
- Then, upload the new folder to this directory on the FTP server: /wp-content/themes/.
- After this, login to the WP admin panel by adding /wp-admin after the domain name in the browser address bar.
- Navigate to the menu ‘appearance’.
- Find ‘themes’.
- Find the file I was talking about. It should be under the section ‘available themes’.
- Click the button called ‘activate’.
Manual Plugin Installation
There are some users, who also prefer to install their plugins manually. That’s how you can do it.
- Navigate to theme/the name of the theme you use/assets/includes/plugins and install what you want to install.
- Navigate to the official WP website and download the plugins if needed. I’m sure you already have them inside Monstroid 2.
- Navigate to admin panel, find there the tab ‘plugins’ and click ‘add new’ button.
After this step, there will be the search field. It will help you to find the needed plugins, so simply use the keywords.
It allows installing the plugins from your admin panel at once.
Besides, it’s possible to upload a plugin or plugins right from your PC. To do it, select the ‘upload plugin’ button. Then choose your files.
Installing Sample Data Manually
Here’s what you should do to install your simple data manually.
- Go to theme/manual_install folder, which is in the pack of the theme.
- Find ‘uploads’ folder and upload it to the ‘wp-content’ directory, which is under WP installation.
- Accept folders replacement. Important moment: your pica can be replaced with the pre-packed ones, so keep an eye on this step.
- Next, open the file called ‘theme-name.sql’. You will find it here: theme/manual_install. The file can be opened in any text editor but I recommend you to use Notepad or Sublime Text.
- Now you need to replace the instances of ‘enter your website link’ with the new URL in the document. Use Find and Replace tool to do it.
- Make sure there are no forward slashes or signs in your address.
- Save the changes.
- Close the file.
Finally, it’s time to import the dump file within the phpMyAdmin or any other tool to manage your database. The one you have with Monstroid 2 is pretty comfy and totally creator-friendly!
Allright, I promise here’s the last step:
- Choose the database management tool and open the WP database with it.
- Navigate to ‘import’ tab.
- Import your .sql file here.
- Open ‘settings’ and go to ‘permalinks’.
- Save changes.
- To end with, refresh the home page and that’s it!
Now you know how a user with no coding skills can build a classy website. This ultimate guide will help you to install not just Monstroid 2 but any Elementor based theme. As I have already said, Elementor is a top-level website builder, which is extremely popular among today’s site owners. The website builder is free for Monstroid 2 owners. Using it, you can showcase your content in the most winning way!
Talking about the installation process, it’s as easy as ABC. However, don’t forget to follow the steps I wrote. Make sure you are not missing the details and soon you will understand how to install Monstroid 2 or any other WordPress theme. Good luck!
Finally, please write down any comments you want to make to our support forum, and share your experience with us.